Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to Work, and GCC Presents Anne Frasier

In yet another "alert the media" kind of event, I stayed off my computer for nearly 48 hours this weekend. I think I checked in on e-mail, etc. on Saturday afternoon, and then I didn't get on the computer again until Monday night. That was mostly because I managed to really mess up my good knee, while an incoming cold front meant my usual bad knee was aching, and since the computer was upstairs and I was downstairs, I decided it was a good time for a guilt-free couch potato session. I finally had to go upstairs Monday night when I ran out of books I wanted to read that were already downstairs. The knee is a lot better after all the rest, but I won't be running or doing ballet for a while.

Now, for a different kind of Girlfriends Cyber Circuit entry. Anne Frasier, author of Pale Immortal, is trying to do a different kind of promo thing, getting 100 people to blog about her book today and post a link to her YouTube video for it. So, here goes ...

About the book:
Welcome to Tuonela, a sleepy Wisconsin town haunted by events of 100 years ago, when a man who may have been a vampire slaughtered the town's citizens and drank their blood. Now, another murderer is killing the most vulnerable...and draining their bodies of blood.

Evan Stroud lives in darkness. The pale prisoner of a strange disease that prevents him from ever seeing the light of day, he lives in tragic solitude, taunted for being a "vampire." When troubled teenager Graham Stroud appears on Evan's doorstep, claiming to be his long-lost son, Evan's uneasy solitude is shattered.

Having escaped Tuonela's mysterious pull for several years, Rachel Burton is now back in town, filling in as coroner. Even as she seeks to identify the killer, and uncover the source of the evil that seems to pervade the town, she is drawn to Evan by a power she's helpless to understand or resist....

As Graham is pulled deeper and deeper into Tuonela's depraved, vampire-obsessed underworld, Rachel and Evan team up to save him. But the force they are fighting is both powerful and elusive...and willing to take them to the very mouth of hell.

Now we'll see if this YouTube link thingy works:


For more info, excerpt, soundtrack and other cool stuff, visit the Pale Immortal blog.

Hmm, I wonder if I could get a hundred people to voluntarily say something about my next book in their blogs around the time it comes out. Let me know what you think of the video thing, too.

The funny thing about taking a real holiday and not doing anything that remotely counts as work, other than reading books in my genre, is that it actually makes me feel more charged up and ready to get back to work. Before now, I've never really had a job I loved, so this is a new feeling for me. While I enjoyed holidays and weekends, they were bittersweet because near the end I always got what one of my friends calls "the dreads" when I knew it would soon be over and I'd have to go back to work. I never really felt energized or re-charged from the time off, just more convinced of how much I hated going back to work. Now, though, I'm excited about all the things I want to do and work on, and last night I was looking forward to getting back to work. Cool!

I read a lot and watched a lot of movies and TV, and I'll do a post probably tomorrow on the new "book report," which kind of turned out to have a theme, even though the selection criteria was mostly "books I don't have to go upstairs to get." I also got caught up on watching my House DVDs, just in time for the season premiere tonight.

Now to finish wading through the couple of hundred e-mails that showed up while I was relaxing.

No comments: