Monday, April 17, 2017

Staring into Space

I managed to have a weekend that was both productive and restful. I knocked a few items off the epic nagging to-do list, got through all the Easter services, and still had time to do some reading.

Now I have to face the week, and today’s task is mostly going to be brainstorming. I’m building up to the climactic action of the book, and this is where my outline was rather vague. I know what the climactic action will be, but I’m not sure how to get there, on multiple levels. I don’t know what tasks my characters will need to do to get to that point, but I also don’t know how they’ll get there, physically. I’m going to need to make a map to figure out what their travel will look like, and then I need to figure out how the city that’s their destination is situated because I need to figure out how they’ll get into the city. I’m not sure yet if they actually will get into the city or if they’ll end up resorting to plan B before that, but they need to have a plan to at least try and fail before they resort to plan B.

So, yeah, I have a lot of thinking to do. I may have to daydream multiple possibilities and then pick the best. Right now, I don’t have a good mental movie of this part of the book.

It looks like it’s going to be a rainy day, so I plan to put on some music, sit down, stare into space, and call it work. And it is work.

No comments: