Friday, November 13, 2015

Walks in the Woods

I had grand plans today for a nice walk in the woods. The weather is lovely, and I even picked up sandwich materials on the way to ballet last night. But I woke up with allergies run amok, and walking in the woods might not be the brightest thing ever to do when I have a choir rehearsal in the morning to gear up for Christmas. I think I will make a library run this afternoon because a book I requested is in and it's supposed to be a cold, rainy Sunday.

So in lieu of a walk in the woods, here are some more images from last weekend's walking in the woods.

Here's one of the more interesting bits of one of the hiking "paths." I have to use the term loosely because there was no real path. You just looked for the red marks on the trees and made your own way from mark to mark.


And here's my full dose of fall colors, taken from right behind my room. The view was north-northeast, but the setting sun hit the opposite hill and really lit it up. Just about everyone staying at the lodge was out there taking pictures of this.


Then on the second day's hike, see those rocks on the hill on the other side of the lake?


Here's the view from on top of them. I had to walk all the way around the lake and up the hill to get there.

No comments: