Friday, February 18, 2011

Writing Brain

One weird side effect of being in writing mode is that it really messes up my sleep patterns. I have a very hard time falling asleep at night because I can't seem to turn off my brain. Then I have very intense, vivid dreams that must involve a really deep REM cycle, or something, because I can't seem to wake up from them, and when I do, I feel like I'm coming out of a drugged coma. Then because I was just having a vivid, intense dream, it takes me a long time to reorient to the real world and figure out what is real and what was just a dream. I've caught myself making plans for the day based on something that only happened in a dream but that for a while I thought was a real memory.

It was very inconvenient when that happened last night because I'm on a panel at ConDFW at 3 today, and I have a lot of stuff I need to get done between now and then, so it didn't help that I way overslept and still feel like I was drugged. I have to put together whatever con supplies I need, iron some shirts, eat something, think about what to say on my panels. And my hair is still wet and doesn't seem to want to dry.

If anything fun or interesting happens at the convention, I'll report Monday.

No comments: