Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Has Fallen

Fall has finally arrived, for a few days, at least. It was cool enough last night for me to put the real comforter back on the bed instead of the down throw I've been using in the summer. Then this morning when I took a walk, I got to wear my new hoodie. It's one of those perfect fall days, with a crisp, cool morning under cobalt-blue skies, and it will be just slightly warm this afternoon. I'll have to see if I've got the willpower to resist the siren song of the Internet this afternoon because I need to do a lot of writing, and my office is the next best thing to working outside. My desk faces a sliding glass door, and there's a skylight.

This is my absolute favorite time of year. It gives me energy, and I find myself getting oddly domestic. Like, I want to clean house. I also want to cook and bake and go to farmer's markets and have picnics and go hiking and roast marshmallows over a bonfire and go to football games. Basically, I want a fall right out of the movies.

I might be getting a wee bit overexcited about one little shift in the weather that will likely last about two days.

Saturday morning was rainy, but it dried out enough for us to go to the Greek Food Festival, and it wasn't as crowded as usual. We planned to go from there to the fall festival in my city, but when we got there, we just saw an empty pavilion tent, so it looked like they were rained out. This is festival season around here, so it looks like we'll be trying to see how many we can hit. I should be very culturally enriched by the end of the year.

No comments: