Monday, November 05, 2007

The Home Stretch

I finished the major round of revisions on the new book, and today I start the final read-through (that is, before my agent makes me rewrite it again). I have a few things I need to tweak because I changed my mind later in the book about what was really going on, but otherwise, it's mostly proofreading and deciding if I still like it. This is when all the self doubts come into play, where I fear that the book is too boring, shallow or pointless. In fact, I'm almost dreading looking at it again for fear that I'll realize it was all a waste of time. But I also want to get it over with. And there's the fact that I really don't want to deal with anything else right now.

So, in the meantime, here's the cover for Don't Hex With Texas. It turns out my agent scooped me again. I just can't keep up. Good thing I'm no longer a journalist, huh?

1 comment:

abigail said...

This is GREAT! If I were you, this would be the cover I would get tatooed on my body somewhere. LOL!
Are your books offered as audiobooks? If so, were you given any kind of say as to who performed them?