Monday, November 19, 2007

Crazy Short Holiday Week

Due to my mom's birthday falling so close to Thanksgiving that I can go over there a day early and be there for both her birthday and Thanksgiving, this is going to be a very short work week for me, and that means, of course, that today has been/will be utterly insane. As usual, I've started with an overly ambitious to-do list that has now been whittled back to sanity levels, and I have only one errand left to do and one big work task to do. Then it's the usual packing, laundry, cleaning, finding stuff saga of preparing for a trip. Fortunately, I don't have to cook any more this week because I have just enough leftovers to get me through the time before I leave town, and that means I may actually be able to leave town with a reasonably clean kitchen.

I haven't baked any bread to bring with me, so I hope my parents let me in the door. I did, however, make pumpkin gingerbread waffles for us to heat up for breakfast, and I'm bringing books and DVDs, so let's hope that counts. Maybe for Christmas I'll bake something.

As it is, I still need to write five radio scripts on how to stay healthy and safe during the holiday season, do three more loads of laundry, and get to the post office before it closes. So this is going to be a very short post.

No comments: