Monday, January 30, 2017

Needing Some Dynamite

I think the book is pretty much done. There are a couple of things I want to check and tweak, and then it’s off to the copyeditor. And then I will collapse/clean house and then get to work on the next thing. I’d like to get a proposal revised and back to my agent before I get the copyedits on this book back.

In tracking the time I spend writing/editing or otherwise actively working on a book, I’ve already spent as much time so far this year as I had by mid-March last year. If I keep it up all year, just think of what I could accomplish!

Meanwhile, the house I was kind of dreaming over at Christmas that was then taken off the market and put out for lease is now back on the market. I’m not any closer to being ready to buy/sell/move than I was a few weeks ago, so I’m going to have to think about what to do. The seller must be pretty desperate. They’re not giving it a lot of time. It was on the market for only a few weeks before they panicked and tried to lease it, then it was up for lease only a couple of weeks before they dropped the rental price, and then a week after that they put it up for sale again — but didn’t drop the asking price from before. I may check in with my Realtor friend and maybe see about at least looking at it, and I guess now would be a better time to be taking action than at the beginning of the month, since the book is done.

On the other hand, these are rather uncertain times, and I’m not sure I want to be making a huge investment right now. As with so many things in my life, it often takes a stick of dynamite to force me to make a move once I’m feeling settled and comfortable. It’s especially appropriate to remember that on the eve of the anniversary of getting laid off from my last job, which was what forced me to be a full-time writer.

Now to go run a search on a couple of words and then muck out the house.

No comments: