Tuesday, July 07, 2015

One More Week

One week from today, Rebel Mechanics will be released. I can't believe it's so soon, and yet it's been forever. Stuff is starting to hit the web, an interview here and a review here.

I think I've taken care of the trickiest part of the web site redesign. Now I'm down to mostly going page-by-page to change the color scheme and then adding some new content for various books. So look for a new site in the next couple of days, depending on how much I accomplish today. I got an early start, but I took an extra-long walk. Though it may have been too long a walk, as I'm already starting to stiffen up. An hour and a half might be too much, but there was about a mile that wasn't planned when I had to backtrack because part of the trail was still under water.

If I keep this schedule up, I'm going to be in trouble for WorldCon, since they'll be on Pacific time. If I'm waking up at 7 here, I'll be up at 5 there. I'll have to bring my walking shoes so I can take morning walks before the convention stuff gets started. It looks like there are lots of riverfront walking trails. Since my room has a microwave, I won't need to bring my teakettle, so that will give me room for an extra pair of shoes.

But first I have to get through this month, with a book to revise, a book to launch, a convention to go to, and 800 bookplates to sign for a promotion. I'm going to pretend it's a massive booksigning with an epic line. Except I won't have to ask people how to spell their names. I may look up and smile briefly after signing each bookplate.

No comments: