Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Eep! A Book is Coming Out Next Week!

I had a rather remarkably productive Monday, getting a lot of nagging tasks off the to-do list and even doing a tiny bit of housework. It's just struck me how close I am to a book release, so I guess the next couple of weeks are going to be busy with promotional work and I'll have to backburner the brainstorming for my next project. That's probably for the best, since I still haven't figured it out and turning it over to the subconscious will be good for it.

This is the part of the writing business that makes me want to curl up in a ball and shut out the world, even though public relations was my career back in my "day job" days. Or maybe it's because that was my career. I like going to conventions and meeting fans. I'm not so crazy about all the little tasks, like updating a web site, remembering to post on social media, trying to drum up guest blogs or reviews, etc. Unfortunately, I don't earn quite enough money to pay someone else to do all this for me (someday!). At this point in the series, though, I think it's mostly about letting people know the book is coming. I doubt I'll get new readers with the seventh book. What I need to do is get the people who pick up the first book (and that's still happening on an ongoing basis, according to my royalty statements) to move on to the rest of the series.

So, in case you hadn't heard, the new Enchanted, Inc. book, Kiss and Spell will be coming out in electronic form next Friday. I don't know when the print versions will be available because that takes longer. Tomorrow I'll post the cover. I'm still working on the best way to describe the book without spoiling it. It's a really tricky one. Look for web site updates in the next couple of days. Then the following week I hope to get back in the pre-writing groove. I'd rather not have a two-year gap between releases, so I need to get something else out there, either traditionally or independently. My agent has a book ready to submit, and I'm developing the sequel so it will be ready to go whichever way this one gets published.

No comments: