Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hibernation Ahead

I finished the latest pass on the book, rewriting scenes, and now it's time for editing. I'd thought about taking some down time to let the book rest first, but then I decided that's more important before the proofreading stage. For the editing stage, I'll be looking for things like redundant sentences, dialogue that needs to be tightened, word choices, sentence structure and length variety, etc. That doesn't really need fresh eyes since I've strictly been looking at story and character. I will need a break before proofreading because that's when I have to make sure that what I think is on the page is really what's on the page. So, I must work today.

Which could be a challenge because I could easily sleep all day. I think a front is coming in tonight because the air has that "the weather is going to change" heaviness about it. Today, though, feels like spring, and I'm not ready for that. I'm rather glad it will get cool again because I'm looking forward to a weekend of intense hibernation. There will be cooking, writing, reading and napping, and the SyFy Saturday night movie is Witchslayer Gretl, starring Shannen Doherty, so you just know it's going to be awesomely awful. I'd better make sure I have enough popcorn handy (and then I'd probably better not butter it because some of it may be thrown). Though if they go by their usual pattern, Shannen Doherty won't be Gretl. She'll have some cameo scene (maybe she's the witch?) and some unknown with absolutely wooden acting skills will be Gretl.

I still need to write that script for my SyFy fantasy movie. I really do have the perfect plot.

Of course, that's in line behind all the other things I really need to write, which probably means I need to get cracking on the writing. So many books, so little time has an entirely different meaning in my life.

No comments: