Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Bear Brain

Well, what do you know, there is a Facebook for Dummies. I suppose I'll have to check that out, but it's very low on the priority list, as at the moment I have nothing much to promote, other than, I suppose, to nag that people who've bought the first book really need to get all the rest.

After an afternoon of back-and-forth brainstorming with my agent, I believe we've found a title for submitting The New Project. Which will likely be changed by the publisher when/if it sells, but even a published author at least needs a working title to submit a proposal. It's funny, but we started off with all these complicated titles and ended up with two words, one of them "the." Short titles are good, unless you're going for a particular effect with a longer title, because they can be printed larger on the cover and are easier to remember. If the book comes out and after everyone's read it, I'll have to share my dad's title suggestion, which was hilarious.

I have all these grand productivity ambitions, but it's hibernation time for me, which means that it takes me at least an hour to make myself get out of bed in the morning, which then gives me a late start. That is valuable thinking time, but I need to be doing more work. I haven't been feeling all that great, and that doesn't help matters. For the most part, it's just January, and I'm part bear, I think (hmm, has that come up in any of the were-whatever books, where because of the animal influence, the person tends to want to sleep a lot in winter? I suppose that wouldn't make for a very exciting book if that person were the hero, but it could be highly entertaining in a sidekick who drives the hero crazy. Or it could be a villain's weakness. Would dragons hibernate?).

I'm sure I could think of plenty of clever and witty things to say, but I need to write today, so I'm going to go do that.

No comments: