Thursday, May 10, 2007

Home With Writer's Cramp

I had a fun booksigning event last night. It was the meeting of the Central Texas Dark Romance book club, with me as their guest (I guess they're flexible on their parameters of darkness, as I wouldn't call my work dark by any means!). We had some great discussion and chatting, and then I signed a lot of books and ended up hanging out in the store for quite a while -- longer than I realized. I feel like I've moved up in the world yet again, since this time they were given slips of paper to go in their books with the names of who they wanted the books autographed to written on them. Though I think that had more to do with a very considerate and together bookseller than it had to do with me being a star. Still, I take my moments of specialness where I can find them. I left behind a lot of autographed copies of all three books in the series, so if you're in Central Texas and want to be sure of getting an autographed book, go to the Hastings in Round Rock. They also have a big list of a variety of sf, fantasy and other paranormal series, showing the authors, series books, which is the first in the series, etc. That's the kind of bookstore effort I love.

I wrote part of this post this morning, but then couldn't post it from my hotel as they only had dial-up access (horrors!) and I kept getting a busy signal with my ISP. Once I gave up getting online, I ran around Austin signing more books before heading home. Now I'm going to collapse completely for the evening.

If you're in the Austin area and want autographed copies, here's where to look:
Hastings in Round Rock -- all three books, lots and lots of copies
B&N in Round Rock -- one copy Enchanted, Inc. and several copies of Damsel
Borders in north Austin -- all three books
Bookstop on Lamar -- Damsel
B&N at the Arboretum -- Damsel

Other places with autographed copies (so far) include:
Borders at Preston & Royal in Dallas -- all three books
Borders Uptown Dallas -- all three books
B&N at Preston & Royal in Dallas -- Damsel
B&N near North Park -- Damsel
B&N in Tyler -- all three books, lots and lots of copies

Now before I collapse on the sofa, I've got an Out of the Blogosphere book, Pleasures of the Night by Sylvia Day (my seatmate for seeing The Pirate Queen in New York. We sobbed together).

In the Twilight between sleep and consciousness, a battle rages between Dream Guardians and Nightmares. Captain Aidan Cross is a legend, as skilled in fulfilling erotic dreams as he is with the glaive that kills his enemies. Women see Aidan as part of their fantasies...except Lyssa Bates. Lyssa perplexes this immortal seducer because she sees him as he really is. And as he attempts to unravel her secrets the unthinkable occurs: Aidan Cross falls in love. Lyssa has been having the most incredible dreams about a man whose blue eyes hold the promise of decadent pleasures and tempting intimacies. And then he appears on her doorstep! This intoxicating stranger is just as irresistible as the man of her dreams...but with her surrender there is also grave danger because Aidan is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them body and soul could have dire consequences. Loving the mortal woman prophesied to destroy Aidan's world is not only impossible...it is forbidden.

For more info, check out the Dream Guardians web site.

No comments: