Thursday, January 05, 2017

Moving Along

I had to start children’s choir again last night, and it was an interesting experience. To say that the kids were hyper would be an understatement. One kid was so out of control that his mother had to get involved (fortunately, she was present in the building and recognized the sound of his yelling when he had to get taken into the hallway for throwing things). Others were clinging to the legs of the adults and teens, so they couldn’t move. I guess they must have had indoor recess at school that day, or something, because the energy levels were off the charts. But they did catch on to the one thing I tried to teach, so that’s a plus.

However, I’m very glad to have a quiet day at home. It’s cold and gray, so it’s good writing weather. I’m making decent progress on a third Rebels book, and when I have extra time, I’m working on a proposal for a possible new YA fantasy series. Yes, that means I’m juggling multiple fictional worlds, but I’m always doing that. I’m just not usually working in them at the same time. I’m usually spending the afternoon on the book and the evening on the proposal.

Meanwhile, I’ve never really been a short story writer, but the ideas for that are hitting me left and right, so I want to make time to do some of that. Maybe between books or between phases of books.

I realize my blogging has been kind of “meh” this week, but I’ve really been focused on writing and am getting back into the swing of things. I may be re-assessing how I do this as the year progresses. If I ever get around to redoing the web site on a different platform, I’ll probably incorporate the blog into that, and then I may do something like use social media for short status updates (what I’m working on, what’s going on in my life) and use the blog for deeper discussion, maybe a few times a week instead of every day.

No comments: