Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yep, it's Thursday

I'm really understanding Douglas Adams and his inability to get the hang of Thursdays. I started my day by oversleeping extremely. I got to bed late last night, then had very realistic nightmares. I had the hardest time dragging myself out of bed this morning. There was whimpering.

And then I couldn't get into my e-mail. I could occasionally get into my personal account that I use for most business, but my domain name account just hangs. Mostly, I get fan mail there, but that's the address my potential new client has been contacting me at, so I don't know if they're trying to reach me today. I got desperate enough while trying to get into my main e-mail that I resorted to trying to set up Outlook so I didn't have to use webmail, but that hasn't been successful. There's some security setting that isn't working, and all the online troubleshooting is for the Windows version of Outlook that's one year older than the Mac version I have.

I think this is all a sign that this should be a reading day. Or I should start my weekend early. I'd already been looking forward to the weekend because it's the last one in a while in which I have no appointments, obligations or plans. I'm thinking it's going to be a chick flick extravaganza. There are some movies on HBO OnDemand, and then I have DVDs I've never watched. I also have popcorn, something pink and sparkly, good bread (finally!), cheese and chocolate, plus ingredients for pizza. I may even get out the pink, fuzzy bathrobe (it sounds like I'm really into pink, and I'm so not, but sometimes it just works).

And all of this sort of counts for work (well, not the food, but the movies) because a couple of the ideas I'm working on kind of fit the mold of romantic comedy, but with a twist, and looking at "normal" romantic comedies is part of the research.

I think tomorrow will also be another long walk. I need to escape into my fantasy world for a while.

Now to go read and maybe my e-mail will repair itself while I'm gone.

No comments: