Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Thanks to everyone for your input on the photo issue (bonus points for those who mentioned prettiness). I think I may mention it to my agent and let her decide whether or not to say anything to the publisher. I don't think it's that big a deal, but it does seem unusual for my kind of book not to have an author photo, and it would help dispel that Jennifer Crusie pen name rumor.

I've had an appropriately scary Halloween morning, with a nasty storm coming through that made things go very dark. There was a lot of lightning and thunder, and I startle easily, so it was a constant refrain of lightning, thunder, me shrieking, then me laughing because I startled so easily. We even had a brief power outage that plunged everything into near-night levels of darkness. Now it's just blustery. No costume for me, but I'm wearing an old shirt from when I was on the PR team for a trade show, and that brings up all kinds of scary memories. I did the trick or treating thing last night at an event at my church, where we decorated the trunks of our cars out in the parking lot and did "trunk or treat" for the neighborhood kids. It was a lot of fun, and even better, I have a lot of candy left over, which I will now have to ration.

And now I must get to work on the scary week of deadlines. In my spare time, I'm re-reading Enchanted, Inc., and I actually cracked myself up last night. You know, I'm kind of funny, if I say so myself.

Happy Halloween, everyone! May it be full of chocolate.

No comments: